Changing the Material of a tree to white.

For the aesthetic I'm going for I need my trees to be white, but when I switch the material using Vray Materials it ignores it and renders its normal colors of greens and browns.

Is there a way around this? Specifics would be great!

Views: 707

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Which Plant 3D representation mode are you using? Conceptual, Detailed or Realistic?
You can see it in the Lands Design Document Properties.

First, thanks for the reply! I'm loving the LandsDesign plugin, thus far!

Realistic. Essentially, I'm looking to have the aesthetic of what realistic-looking trees would look like if they were spray painted white. I definitely don't want simpler looking trees, I just want to know how I'd go about changing their color to white (or any other color in Vray's ASGVIS material library, for that matter).

Quick update:

I've figured out that I can change the materiality of the tree by using the _ExplodeBlock command, although it seems to only alter the detailed tree and not the realistic tree. This is most apparent by the rendered leaves.

I'll update this if I find a workaround. I'd really love to use the realistic tree.

When a render starts, Lands Design replaces the lowpoly plants for very detailed ones. This is why your changes in the plant materials are ignored.
You can chose to render the plants as they are displayed in the viewport:

You can modify the material used by realistic plants in the Materials panel. You'll find some materials called "LANDS xxxx.ArPlant - N" where xxx is the Species name and N is the texture index (usually 0 for trunk and 1 for foliage).
You can simply remove the texture of these materials, and change its color to white. You can decide to keep or not the transparency map.
You can also use your VRay materials.

Albert Rodríguez said:

When a render starts, Lands Design replaces the lowpoly plants for very detailed ones. This is why your changes in the plant materials are ignored.

You can modify the material used by realistic plants in the Materials panel. You'll find some materials called "LANDS xxxx.ArPlant - N" where xxx is the Species name and N is the texture index (usually 0 for trunk and 1 for foliage).
You can simply remove the texture of these materials, and change its color to white. You can decide to keep or not the transparency map.

This is exactly the workaround I was looking for!

Thanks a zillion, Albert!

Albert Rodríguez said:

I cannot find the "materials" panel. Are you simply referring to the materials panel rhino automatically offers, which can be found by clicking on the properties tab, and then materials? Or, is this a materials tab that is special for Lands Design. It seems like I'm missing something really obvious.

Chris Beffa said:

Albert Rodríguez said:

This is exactly the workaround I was looking for!

Thanks a zillion, Albert!
I cannot find the "materials" panel. Are you simply referring to the materials panel rhino automatically offers, which can be found by clicking on the properties tab, and then materials? Or, is this a materials tab that is special for Lands Design. It seems like I'm missing something really obvious.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Translate

Members

© 2017   Created by Asuni CAD.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service